Barak Cohen identified the growth potential in the cannabis industry at an early stage, and has become a go-to attorney for companies in the industry. He has significant internal investigation and compliance experience helping national and international companies involved in the cannabis industry (including marijuana, CBD (cannabidiol), CBG (cannabigerol), and hemp products and services), such as food-and-beverage companies, investment banks, financial payment processors, and dispensaries, among others.
Andrew Kline leverages his more than thirty years of law and policy experience in his diverse practice. He counsels clients in established and emerging industries on regulatory compliance, due diligence, internal investigations, privacy, public policy, and litigation strategy. Andrew is the firmwide co-chair of the firm’s national Cannabis Law industry group.
Michael Bleicher focuses his practice on matters involving privacy, data security, and First Amendment issues for clients in the technology and communications industries. He litigates disputes regarding Electronic Communications Privacy Act and Stored Communications Act, and also regularly advises clients on the Communications Decency Act, Clarifying Lawful Overseas Use of Data (CLOUD) Act, and other federal and state privacy statutes. Additionally, Michael has experience advising established finance and investment banking companies involved in the cannabis industry (including CBD (cannabidiol), CBG (cannabigerol), marijuana, and hemp products and services) on entering the food and beverage market.
Jasmine Wetherell focuses her practice on complex civil litigation, with an emphasis on food litigation, environmental litigation and business torts. She has also provided guidance to retailers, consumer product manufacturers and landowners regarding compliance with California’s Proposition 65 (the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act). Jasmine has substantial experience in all phases of litigation, including pre-suit investigation and counseling, discovery, percipient witness and “person-most-qualified” depositions and motion practice in both state and federal court.
Tommy Tobin’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and class action matters involving statutory, constitutional, and regulatory issues in a range of industries, including food and beverage and cannabis. Tommy regularly writes articles on law and policy issues affecting food and cannabis products. He is an associate in Perkins Coie’s Seattle office, a former federal district court clerk, and a graduate of Harvard Law School.
Elizabeth Gustafson has extensive experience with intellectual property and trademark litigation, antitrust, internal and government investigations, and breach of contract claims. She is skilled at using e-discovery technologies in order to ensure litigation readiness and her knowledge of targeted reviews allows her to efficiently produce reliable results. Elizabeth also has experience in document review, including quality control, creating privilege logs, and unitization.
Hanna Mullin is a paralegal in the Commercial Litigation practice, where she primarily supports the government contracts, white collar criminal investigations, information governance, and cannabis industry groups. Her background includes product liability, trademark infringement, trade secret disputes, breach of contract actions, and insurance recovery across multiple industries including construction, food, medical devices, and pharmaceuticals.
- Brian Audette | Partner, Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Amanda Beane | Partner, Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
- David Biderman | Partner, Consumer Products & Services Litigation
- Bradley Cosman | Partner, Corporate Law
- Dennis Hopkins | Partner, Intellectual Property Law
- Jason Howell | Partner, Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
- Selena Linde | Partner, Insurance Recovery Law
- Bob Mahon | Partner, State & Local Tax
- Jaci McNally | Partner, Real Estate & Land Use
- Ann Marie Painter | Partner, Labor & Employment Law
- Charles Sipos | Partner, Consumer Products & Services Litigation
- Grace Han Stanton | Partner, Intellectual Property Law
- Dana Syracuse | Partner, Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency
- Mark Goodrich | Counsel, Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
- Lauren Kulpa | Counsel, Labor & Employment Law
- Sam Boro | Associate, Technology Transactions & Privacy Law
- Jared Bryant | Associate, Trademark, Copyright, Internet & Advertising
- Neva Wagner | Associate, Real Estate & Land Use